Welcome to our blog post about hotel jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship! For individuals looking to work in the hospitality industry in the United States, navigating the process of obtaining a work visa can be a daunting task.
However, many hotels across the country are actively seeking talented individuals from abroad to fill their open positions and are willing to provide visa sponsorship to qualified candidates.
In this post, we will explore the various hotel job opportunities available in the US with visa sponsorship and provide you with some useful information on how to make your job search more efficient and successful.
Whether you are a recent graduate, a seasoned hospitality professional, or simply someone with a passion for serving others, this post will provide valuable insights on securing a hotel job in the US with visa sponsorship.
Hotel Jobs Description
However, a hotel job description depends on the department you’ll be handling. The hotel’s job offers a wide range of job opportunities for which you can apply. Generally, working at a hotel offers a beautiful experience where you can meet difficult kinds of people and enjoy certain benefits such as staff meals, accommodation, and others.
As a hotel staff member, your years of working experience can determine the level of position you’ll be managing. However, the job description of hotel staff members is to ensure the comfort of guests, such as taking reservations, cleaning guest rooms, maintaining the building, and, most importantly, caring for the guest. A hotel job is suitable for one that loves working with people.
Areas of Department & Responsibility of Hotel Jobs
Just like I mentioned earlier, hotel jobs open the door to a wide variety of job options. This means you can decide to work in any department based on your qualifications and skills. Here are the following popular areas of hotel jobs:
- Front of the house: staff in the department works directly with hotel guests and, most time, serves as the face of the hotel. The responsibility includes making reservations checking guests in and out, and others.
- Support staff: many big hotels or hotels in urban areas often have many support staff ready to take care of guests. Duties include assisting guests with luggage and vehicles.
- Housekeeping: hotel housekeeping must ensure that the hotel rooms are clean, safe, and ready for guests. Their work mainly includes maintaining the hotel’s cleanliness and the hotel’s HVAC system, lighting, and plumbing.
- Foodservice: food service staff area of specialization includes hotel bars, cafés, and restaurants in the hotel. They are responsible for assigning guests to tables, taking orders, serving food, and others.
In addition, others include hotel kitchen, event planning, and hotel administration which you can choose to apply for.
Qualification and Skills to Apply for Hotel Jobs in the USA With Visa Sponsorship
However, the qualification and skills needed to apply for hotel jobs in the United States depend on the area of the department you’re applying for in the hotel. Generally, here are the following preferred qualifications and skills:
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- Have a high year level of food service or related work.
- Able to push/pull/lift 30 lbs. or more.
- Able to carry and balance tray.
- Available to work all shifts, such as nights, weekends, and holidays.
These are some of the qualifications and skills you need to have if you can get the job. This will allow you to stand a chance of getting employed.
How much is the salary of hotel workers? According to reports, hotel workers earn an average annual salary of $40,096 a year in the United States. Also, they earn $19.28 per hour. Remember that this depends on the level of your position in the hotel and your working experience.
Apply for Hotel Jobs in the USA With Visa Sponsorship
Based on our research, to apply for hotel jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship, you need to have the company requirement and also visa requirements. These two things are important in applying for hotel jobs in the United States as a foreigner.
In terms of the visa requirements, US work authorization is needed unless the applicant is currently in a managerial position at a Four Season location. According to reports, Four Seasons managers might be entitled to qualify for L-1 visa sponsorship.
Four Seasons is an international hotel looking to hire a candidate to work in their company and get visa sponsorship. However, to find these job opportunities, go to Indeed.com and check out the thousands of sponsorship visa hotel jobs.